Monday, April 03, 2006

Easter at the 'Rents

So, I'm new to this knitting blog thing, even though I've had a different blog for about 2 years now. Will introduce myself later. :) Instead I'll start with some of my current WIPs and planned projects.

I know Easter is still two weeks away, but I'm leaving next Sunday for my parents already and have to plan which knitting to take. :D So this post is just a little reminder what I plan to finish and so I can be embarrassed feel triumphant of what I actually got done.

Let's start off with what seems to be the easiest case: Regia Mini Ringel stockinette stitch socks
Image hosting by Photobucket

Easy, right? In case you can't see it properly in the above pic, this is all that's left to do:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Not even one colour repeat! But do I find the motivation to finish this? No. Bloody stupid 2mm (US0) needles. Hate them. With every stitch they bend a bit as if breaking any moment and I can't get a proper grip on them. Never again. Add to that that the socks are a bit small for me and my mom is not really a sock wearing person... yeah. I smell a UFO.

Then we have a classic case of SSS: Image hosting by Photobucket
Love the pattern (Tipsy Knitter Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks), love the colour, love the yarn (Schachenmayr Catania, 100% cotton), but I just don't feel like knitting the second one right now. TV time will probably help with this. Need to remember to buy another skein of that yarn, as I used just over one for the first sock.

Instead I'm itching to start a new pair of socks:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Child's French Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. The pattern looks lovely and I think even the variegated yarn won't disturb the pattern too much and I'm just itching to get these started. The yarn (Rödel Marmara, 100% cotton) is lovely, even though a bit thick for sock yarn (105m/50g), but I already swatched with 2.5mm (US1.5) needles and really like the resulting fabric. Will try to do these with two circulars, because I'm sick of SSS. And perhaps working with circulars isn't so bad after all. (Yeah, right.)

And finally, another pair I started, but somehow lost steam after one pattern repeat. I still love the pattern and think the yarn colour really fits perfectly, but OMG so much left to go...
Image hosting by Photobucket
Pomatomus from Knitty. More good TV knitting.

So, let's see what I have to show in 3 weeks. :D

Have been looking through stash pics from Flash Your Stash 2006 and OMG I get so jealous of all the yarn. And I love all the different ways people organise their yarns. I'm an organising freak (even though you wouldn't see this, looking at my room *g*) and so I love all the storing possibilities almost more than the yarn pron. ;)

I think I should also finally get rid of some of the yarns that I know I won't use anymore. When I get back from my parents. I only have a 13sqm room and need all the air I can get. :D

1 comment:

aija said...

Great socks in progress! :)