Sunday, May 21, 2006

Socks

I seem to have lost my knitting mojo.

Worked a bit more on the Pomatomus, but ran into a problem. See:Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

14 toe rounds left to do and I ran out of yarn. *sigh* Still pondering what to do about it. My LYS doesn't have that sock yarn anymore, so buying more is not an option (it's the LYS' own brand, so I can forget about getting it anywhere else). I think I'm going to rip back to the beginning of the toe and then start striping with some dark blue yarn I have. That should work and not look too stupid.

I also worked on the Child's French Socks, but didn't even take photo of it before I ripped back (for the second time). First time was because I simply couldn't knit this on two circular needles, then because I think the gauge is too tight. Have to think about either using a different yarn or going up to 3mm needles and changing the stitch count a bit.

And lastly, because I was so frustrated with the other socks, I started a new pair yesterday. Cut Your Teeth Socks. The problem with these is that I'm still not sold on the pattern, even though I have finished the cuff by now. It looks great in the pattern, but as I'm using one-coloured yarn for the cuff and multi-coloured for the main part, I just think the little bumps this pattern creates are way too easy to see.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The top of the cuff is folded down, so the side that will be seen is the purl side and I just don't like the way it looks. Add a lot of very loose stitches that I don't know what to do about and a million ends to weave in and I think this is going to be ripped fairly quickly.

On a better note, I bought a new knitting basket for my WIPs. My current fascination with all things hot pink had to be shown there as well. :D Pretty. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

aija said...

Sending you knitting vibes :) Pretty tasket!