Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Now, when I finally feel like taking pictures again, I have lent my camera to a friend of mine for the weekend. *sigh* So, some progress pics from last week. Haven't had a lot of time to knit, so they aren't too outdated.

I have turned the heel on my Mamluke socks.


At first I tried the heel that is pictured in the book, basically a short row heel that is directly attached to the lower part of the leg. It didn't fit me at all. There are no extra stitches for the heel and it just didn't work, especially with the dense fabric of the stranded knitting.

So I made a rounder heel and then decreased to 78 stitches again. It doesn't look as neat as in Folk Socks, but then what good would socks be that look great, but don't fit? Pictures of the decreases next time.

And because I was getting so bored with Convertible and this (and because the yarn was 1€/ball) I made some socks from a worsted weight yarn.


40sts, stocking stitch, 4mm needles. Very quick knit and done by now. The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend and very soft.

Some yarn I recently got:


Koigu KPPPM - Knitting Zone
100% merino wool
100g/320m
colour: P609
dye lot: 76
bought: June 28, 2006
price: US$10.95/50g


Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock - Knitting Zone
80% wool, 20% nylon
100g/430 yds.
colour: 503 Amethyst Stripe
dye lot: 8709
bought: June 28, 2006
price: US$9.95/50g


Sockotta - Knitting Zone
45% cotton, 40% wool, 15% nylon
100g/414 yds.
colour: 14
dye lot: 20
bought: June 28, 2006
price: US$8.95/100g

I haven't had time to knit with either of these yet and it's killing me! The colours are simply incredible and I can't wait to choose a pattern for this and finally get knitting.

Next post: more new yarn and the finished Convertible!

1 comment:

aija said...

Great colors on the mamluke socks, and beautiful stash additions :)