Thursday, April 10, 2008

Small Things

I haven't been feeling like knitting lately. The Reversai took quite a bit out of me and all my other projects were either long term (Log Cabin Blanket), not that interesting (Stockinette Socks) or needed some kind of special attention, mostly in the form of ripping back (My So-Called Scarf and Estonian Socks). So I started off with a couple of small things to get the knitting juices flowing again. :)


In this case really, really small. Those are four socks made out of 10gr of fingering weight yarn (Tinsel Toes from The Unique Sheep, yummy!). It's a 50/50 Merino/tencel blend and I'm very happy with it. It has slight sheen, espcially after washing and knits up beautifully. If I wasn't on a yarn diet (and didn't have to buy text books this month), I'd be out buying more right now.

The yarn came along with a pattern (which I modified a bit, since my gauge is smaller) and a keychain sock blocker.

I plan on making quite a few of them for Christmas decoration with left-over sock yarn. But, since one of the rounds of Sock Madness uses left-over sock yarn I'm going to have to wait knitting those until I know which colourways I'll need for that.

Speaking of Sock Madness, the new pattern is going to be released very early tomorrow morning (my time) and I'm all ready to go. Still need to do some studying and cleaning today, but then I only have a class and meeting on Friday and otherwise can spend Friday and Saturday knitting.

This round's socks are knit in lace weight and I got one skein each of Malabrigo Lace Purple Mystery and Verde Esperanza. I'm looking forward to (and a bit afraid of) seeing how this'll work out.

No comments: