I can't even begin to explain everything that has happened in the last year in family terms as well as university-wise. But if everything went right with my last exam, I'm done with my degree and am currently job searching. Which means I finally have some time to devote to blogging.
So, where to start? Considering my last post was about my then recently planned foray into spinning, it might be good to start with that. It's official: I have yet another hobby. I'm still in the spindling stage, since I don't have money for a wheel yet, but the whole thing is very addictive. Problem is, of course, that now I'm not just buying yarn, but also producing yarn in ever increasing yardages since my spinning has gotten much thinner (progression from top left to bottom right).
| | |
| | |
All the info regarding fibre, etc. can be found on my Ravelry page. The first one is a super bulky and the last one a fingering weight. 74 yards per 100gr compared to 414. And for the last two I even changed from 2-ply to 3-ply. For my current project I'm aiming for a 3-ply lace weight.
This is some Merino roving on my homemade spindle. I simply put a donut bead on a chopstick and added a hook at the top to get a very lightweight spindle.
Ultimately, I want to ply this fuchsia colour with one in magenta and baby pink, but I'm still a far way off from getting that far. I just started with the first third of the fuchsia. I'm doing these in approximately thirds to keep the spindle lightweight even during the later parts, since I'm still not that good with spinning thinly (and especially evenly) when the spindle is very full. Since I'm plying with two others, ultimately I'll still get three 50gr skeins. Hopefully around 800-900 yards since I want to knit the Nefertiti Wrap out of it.
Preview for my next posts: current knitting projects, the insanity that is Sock Madness IV and the return of Knitting Goals

















No comments:
Post a Comment