Six years sure is a long time. Just see my second post on this blog about "loving to knit with cotton" - now? Not so much. Not at all, actually. I avoid knitting with it at pretty much any cost, although I still like it for crocheting and probably would for weaving (yes, a new interest has been awakened, but not yet consummated :)).
In fact after six years (and almost two years with no posts on this thing), I've decided to move to a new blog with a new blogging service and new name. Several reasons for that, although I suspect they’re not really of any interest to anybody but me.
For one, I've never liked the posting interface for Blogger which has caused many a delayed or scrapped post. For another, the name hasn't been true for a while. When I started this, the name was true. In Germany knitting was pretty much something that old ladies did - and only them. So Knitting in Granny Land seemed appropriate. Now the wave from North America has swapped over and it's not true anymore. There are so many great knitters, designers, dyers and authors from Germany out there that the name simply didn't work for my anymore.
To cut a long story short: You can know find me on Wordpress, where I'm going by Knitosphere. First new post is up and I'd love to see you there!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment