Saturday, December 22, 2007

December Resolutions and Knitting Holidays

So, the knitting this month has been going really well. I'm already done with my December resolutions! :)

My Dad's vest is finally, finally done!

After yet another problem with the right armhole, it got finally done. I had picked up only slightly too many stitches and thought I could correct it with a couple of unibstrusive decreases.

Well, as you can see, the decreases weren't all that unobstrusive, so I frogged yet again.

But now look!



All bands are finally done and as soon as I can get my Dad to model, you'll even see a picture of the whole thing. In case you haven't noticed yet, I am so glad I got this done. I've been working on it on and off since March and simply couldn't stand it anymore. So, 7.5 50g skeins of fingering weight yarn later, I have come to the resolution that from now on I'll mostly stick to smaller projects. :D (Mostly being the operative word here, since I seem to have developed a fancy for complicated lace shawls and am phantasizing about several.)

Then the Scrolls socks are also done. I'm seriously in love with this yarn and have almost a third of the skein left over, so my worries regarding the thinness of the yarn were no problem after all.


And finally Odessa.

I'm in love with the pattern. It's well written, intuitive and looks very pretty. Unfortunately the resulting hat doesn't suit me at all. Somehow I need thicker hats to balance my face and my hair, so at the moment I'm trying to find somebody who'll wear it. My Mum is out since hats suit here even less than me and I'm not sure if my best friend will like the colour. But we'll see...

I just realized this post is getting ridiculously wrong. Sorry about that, but I won't be able to post again until January because of the whole limited Internet situation, so I just have to squeeze everything into one post.

For the two weeks I'm at my parents I have a lot of knitting planned. Let's just call it my holiday resolutions and the go back to the regularly scheduled monthly resolutions in January. :)

(1) RPM socks in Cherry Tree Hill Potluck

I've been meaning to knit this pattern for ages, so it's finally on my list.

(2) Slippery Socks in Jitterbug Jewel


(3) Bellatrix in Koigu KPPPM


(4) Mini-Clapotis in Lang Yarns Silk Dream

I already started this and really love the combination of pattern and yarn. And since I'll probably have a skein of yarn left over, I'm also planning to knit a
(5) Clapotis Cap in Lang Yarns Silk Dream

(6) Coronet in Lang Yarns Mille Colori

I'm kniting a scarf from this yarn and will have about two skeins left over. So I started Coronet. Since the gauge is different I increased the cable to a twelve-stitch cable, instead of 9 stitches, and addes two rows in between the cables. Very pleased with the result so far, but now I have to pick up the stitches for the main part and after the horror that was my Dad's vest regarding picking up stitches, I'm really not looking forward to that.

Looking up at that list, I'm thinking I might be slightly over ambitious... on the other hand, I have nothing to do but knit and read for the next two weeks... sounds like heaven. :D

Sorry, no links this post. I'm at my parents with only dial up and am writing this offline. As always, however, you can find all of the information on my Ravelry projects page and queue.

And now have a good holiday season and happy new year!

No comments: