First and foremost:
(1) Dad's Vest

This is what it currently looks like. The neck band, as well as the left armhole are just too big. I tried picking up according to my gauge, but somehow that didn't work. It was supposed to have been finished for my Dad's birthday at the end of October. I haven't touched it since the day before his birthday when it became clear that I wouldn't be able to finish.
And I'm determined to finish it before Christmas. Because my parents are not getting anything knitted for Christmas this year, this might actually work.
I need to pick out the cast offs of the bands I already knitted, rip them, pick up the *right* amount of stitches (how much that is I haven't actually figured out yet) and knit the armholes and neck again.
(2) Odessa
The SSEC Operation Reindeer Recognition this month calls for something knit in the colours of the Sami flag. I bought some beautiful Rowan Cashsoft DK in red, along with some red beads that I've been meaning to knit into Odessa, so this is finally a good chance to get started on that (even if it means starting yet another project).

(3) Scrolls Socks
I fell in love with this pattern the first time I saw it and already started the socks.

They are knit in SWTC's Tofutsies, colourway Get Your Feet Wet. Even though the yarn is multi-coloured the pattern is really distinct and the colour changes only add character, not obscure the pattern. So I really think it won't be a problem to finish these. :)
And I absolutely love the yarn. I was a bit weary at first, because it seemed very, very thin, but I'm getting an amazing mileage out of this and the sock is simply so soft and thin and scrumptious that I want to touch it the whole day. Only small problem is that it smells a bit weird, but I hope a good wash after knitting will change that.
Oh, and yarn count from last month was 23.11 miles and as of yesterday I'm down to 22.76 miles! Since I only count the yarn as knitted up when the whole project is finished,










No comments:
Post a Comment