And can anyone blame me? In the last 5 months I have almost doubled my output of handknit socks (before I had knitted 16 pairs, now it's 28) and my last 7 FOs were all socks.
In addition to my two WIP busting projects I also finished the 6th round pattern of SockMadness and another unrelated pair.
WIP 1:
Gentleman's Socks With Lozenge Pattern Without Lozenges are done (explanation here) (pattern by Nancy Bush in Knitting Vintage Socks)

As predicted, the colourrepeat is slightly off in the second (right) sock, but I'm not bothered by it. At least the general change of colours is still the same.
Can you see which of the socks is unblocked? Boy, is there a difference in the softness between the blocked (left) sock and the unblocked other one.
WIP 2:
Waterfall Socks (pattern by Charlene Schurch in Sensational Knitted Socks)


The first picture is the right side, the other the wrong, since I thought the relatively large colour blocks of the Colinette Jitterbug would look much better in reverse stockinette. But now that I'm done, I'm thinking the wrong (stockinette) side also doesn't look too bad.
SockMadness Round 6:

The Godmother's Socks turned into Mother's Socks for me, or rather my mum. The yarn is Plymouth Sockotta and I have to say I'm in love with the yarn and the pattern. The pattern was incredibly well written even though parts of it are a bit complicated (like picking up the cuff), but I never had any problems as long as I followed the instructions closely.

Close-up of the cuff pattern and a more true-to-colour picture. My mum was very happy to get these. :)
Additional Socks:
Flutter-by Socks by Shannon Robalino

I'd been on the lookout for patterns that would work well with Jitterbug since it's quite a bit thicker than standard sock yarn and I'm very happy with how these turned out. And amazingly I'm down to one skein of Jitterbug in my stash!
Okay, so that was the catch-up for all my finished socks, but what am I knitting on instead of yet more socks?
Well, it's the P15tog Scarf I posted about a while ago (and accidentially called the k15tog scarf). :)

The actual name is Shetland Shell Lace Scarf by Frances Goodman and I'm knitting it in doubled up Elann Peruvian Baby Lace Merino. So soft and the p15tog isn't as bad as I thought it would be. In the row before you have lots of yo's that are then dropped before the p15tog, so there is enough give to execute the stitch without a problem.










No comments:
Post a Comment