Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Hooking Continues...

The Sassy Scarf is done!


It's incredibly hard to photograph, what with being sparkly, varigated and two very different plies twisted together. One of the plies is the novelty material in different shades of purple with accents of grey and black. The other ply is mostly wool in shades reaching from white to dark grey. So, long explanation short, the above photo is photographed against the light to show off the pattern.

The following, in contrast, doesn't show the pattern that well, but the colour is more accurate and you can see somewhat how long it is.



I changed the pattern (which is simply stripes of different stripes of stitches) a bit by adding more stripes since I wanted to use all the yarn I had (I almost succeeded, only have a very small amount left over) and also twisting the stitches to create vertical lines along the scarf.



But not enough that I finished this, I started a new scarf already, again in crochet. Apparently, it has me... *g* hooked.

The new scarf is the Boteh Scarf from Interweave Crochet.



The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl, using a 4mm hook. The pattern says that you need 2 skeins, but I can't see how that is possible. I've now done 7 of the 16 triangles and still have *well* over half the skein left. Of course, the finishing is going to take up quite a bit of yarn, but I still think I can add a couple of repeats without fear of running ou of yarn. And I'm really going to need to do that anyway, since I like my scarves to be snuggly instead of only accessories. The 16 repeats aren't going to give me enough length to make that happen.



I'm really happy with how this is turning out. The little patches of light purple stand out nicely while at the same time integrating well into the colourway and I'm happy to be doing something a little more complicated and entertaining than rectangles. :D

No comments: