Saturday, June 14, 2008

Old Stash

Even though I finally finished the center square of the Log Cabin Blanket, reaching the rest of my goals isn't going so well. I haven't started the seaming of the blanket, haven't started the Odds'n'Sods socks and haven't continued knitting on my bag. Despite that I'm very happy with what I have accomplished so far, since I've been using old stash yarn. With all the pretty new yarn I have, some of the old things just seems like a burden, especially since my tastes have changed somewhat in the last three years.

So, first we have the crochet bathmat, which I finished in only 2 days.

The cripsness of the crochet, coupled with the mercerized cotton, make me swoon any time I look at it and the best thing is that the two yarns I knit it from (Ilse Wolle Malta and Wolle Rödel Maramara), have been in my stash since spring 2006.


Then I'm working on a crochet scarf from Crocheting for Dummies and I'm using novelty yarn that I bought in fall 2005. Even though I'm not and never really have been a fan of novelty yarn, this was just a colourway I couldn't pass up. The photo doesn't do it justice and as a scarf I think I'll even wear it, even though I'm usually not much for the sparkly in my wardrobe.


I'm not only crocheting, but also knitting. In fact, I started knitting socks again, my SoSS not lasting very long. I wanted some simple socks with an easy lace pattern, so I decided to go for Coupling on Knitty. The yarn is CTH and I bought it in summer 2006.

I just turned the heel, only haven't had the right weather for a photo yet.

Three unplanned projects, but 4 yarns used that are at least 2 years old, so I simply can't feel bad about it. :)

No comments: