
I'm not modelling them because my Mum's feet are roughly an inch shorter than mine, so these just very barely fit me. They are Anne Campbell's Circle Socks (PDF link) and were a very quick knit, as well as a pleasure to knit. The pattern around the leg goes very quickly even though you need to knit more rounds then usual since the slipped stitches pull in the length.
These sliped stitches also cause the pattern to pull in slightly and after a first try I was worried that the leg wasn't wide enough, so I knitted these toe-up instead to give me a bit more time to work out a strategy. ;) In the end I simply switched from 2.5mm needles for the foot to 3mm needles for the leg. Worked out very well.
My Mum has been ogling this yarn whenever she's been in my apartment, so I decided to use it for these socks, especially since it turned out that the colourway wasn't one I liked anyway. ;) It's very useful when your Mum's colour likes are just opposite your own. No matter what the colour, the yarn can always be used.
In contrast to last year I also already have a box for the present, made from some paper I had lying around.

Next post should be about a special new feature I'm planning on starting here on the blog. If I can finally get the html to comply. :D










1 comment:
I love those socks, and the box is very cute.
Post a Comment