
I was finally sick of it and in a fit of Finishitis I ripped the leg back to the end of the cuff, put the stitches on a holder and started the socks from the toe up with a simple lace pattern up the sides.

I started from the toe because I didn't feel like figuring out the calf shaping right then, but of course, I have to start figuring it out now that I'm almost done with the heel. So far I have always successfully avoided calf shaping, but I can't with these socks. I know I should just sit down and figure out how far away I have to space the increases, when I have to start them and to how many stitches I have to increase (I think I dropped a stitch or two while ripping back, so that isn't as easy as counting the stitches on the holder). Guess there's nothing but sucking it up and doing it, right? *sigh* Thought so.
In much better news, I received my credit card statement from my time in London today and I spent way less that I had aticipated! Guess, I have the good (for me) exchange rate to thank for that. I'll simply not mention to non-knitters that roughly half of that was spent on yarn. ;)










No comments:
Post a Comment